Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wild-Eyed Bibliomaniac

So, I'm still working my way through Sin in the Second City, but I have to take a moment to sing the praises of Halfprice Books.

A store opened today in Oklahoma City, and I went, twice, today to check it out. Earlier in the week, I went there to sell my leather bound books, and saw a couple titles I wanted to buy. So, I went there this morning with the intent to buy a couple titles and instead came out with nearly a couple dozen. 

The authors range from Christopher Moore to Dorothy Parker, Terry Pratchett to Sharon Shinn, Tom Robbins to Robin McKinley. As you may have guessed, I will have quite a few books to blog about as the summer progresses, and beyond. 

Considering that I'm supposed to be reading for my independent study in the fall, and working on my thesis, I don't exactly know when I will read all of these books. I don't really know what I was thinking while I was plucking books from the shelf. All I know is that I walked out of there with a tote bag that says "Wild-Eyed Bibliomaniac" on the side, thinking that the description fits me perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment